“Hearing Health Awareness Month” is everywhere – on my website, social media, and at my offices.
Why? Because today we need this boost for healthy hearing more than ever.
We’ve learned that face masks and hearing loss don’t mix very well. The inability to lip read or depend on facial cues due to the masks has caused many people to reevaluate their communication techniques.
“Hearing Health Awareness Month” aims to help educate and support our community to make the positive step changes required to achieve better hearing.
You Could Be a Hero For Hearing Loss!
Take note of any loved ones or friends that have a hearing challenge. Now is the perfect time for them to begin their journey to better hearing.
How? By booking a comprehensive hearing assessment, just like you did.
We are also looking for people to share their hearing loss journey with the world.
This is your chance to increase the confidence in others within our community to make the right decision. If you can help, please reply to this email, and I’ll send over further information.
Your help is greatly appreciated.
Exciting Office Updates
I am pleased to announce that we have expanded our services with a new location in the Upper Keys. Our new office is located at:
Overseas Hwy. (MM 94 Oceanside), Suite 5,
Tavernier, FL 93911
Our implementation of safety procedures has gone smoothly – from mask-wearing to hand sanitizing, to social distancing and disinfecting. Clear masks and clear shields are used as often as possible for those ever so critical facial cues. However, never be afraid to ask someone to speak more slowly and clearly – distance and masks muffle speech.
Online patient forms are now available. Patients can easily complete these required forms prior to their appointment, saving time for all while also saving the environment (no need to print!).
Remember – If you prefer not to see us inside our offices, virtual appointments, remote assist, curbside services, and a simple phone call are all options for you to consider.
A few personal notes – I have assisted the local Catholic Church in Tavernier, FL (San Pedro Catholic Church), with meeting their goal to raise enough money to order camera equipment.
The camera equipment will be used for streaming live Masses. This way, Catholics can stay connected with the parish and the Church, even if they cannot gather together physically.
I am also very proud of my daughter Renee who graduated this year from high school and will be leaving in August to attend Florida State University! Go, Noles!
Top Tips for Managing New Challenges
The pandemic has certainly brought new challenges to the community – especially if you have a hearing loss.
So our team has put together their five “top tips” for thriving in these new normal circumstances.
1. Face masks can easily send your hearing aids flying! A handy “find my device” app can help you to find your hearing aids when they’ve gone astray.
2. Invest in a state-of-the-art “streamer” if television time turns into television volume argument time in your family. A streamer will send sound directly to your hearing device so that you can hear every word, and no one will lose the plot! Ask us for more information.
3. Wear your hearing aids every day – even when you’re alone. This will keep your hearing active. Otherwise, it could worsen if sounds don’t regularly pass through your ears.
4. Clear face masks are a must-have for everyone with a hearing loss. If you’d like some supplies for daily use, let us know!
5. Take charge of your batteries and ensure you have enough to keep your devices functioning for at least eight weeks. If you are limiting your time outside of the home, you can replenish your supplies online, ask your pharmacy or supermarket to deliver some to you, or contact us for assistance.
How To Help A Loved One With Hearing Loss
As we’re flying the flag for hearing awareness this month, knowing your hearing loss facts along with heartfelt compassion are the keys to unlocking the topic of hearing loss effectively with your loved one…
Easy Tips to Preserve Your Hearing from An Audiologist
Taking steps to preserve your hearing, no matter your age, is vital to ensure that you take advantage of what life has to offer and loving your passions with no restrictions. Learn how to preserve this amazing sense into your golden years…